An anonymous person made my day today. As I was standing in line at Linens-n-Things to pay for my pepper grinder the man in line behind me said "Excuse me"
I turned and answered "Yes?"
He asked "Has anyone told you you are stunningly beautiful today?"
Just to be sure I heard correctly, I said "I'm sorry, I didn't hear you."
He then said "Has anyone told you you are stunningly beautiful today?"
I was trying to come up with something witty for my response, all that came out was "No, thank you very much, that makes this old, fat girl feel good" and gave him my best smile.
He then mumbled something in disbelief and smiled at me.
When I finished paying, he said "You have a nice day" and winked.
So... there are good people out there. Never underestimate the power of a compliment. Pass them out freely. It will make someone's day!!
Write back and tell me how you make someone's day.
2 comments:
i just noticed that it was written yesterday, not today. which filled me with relief, because i didn't want to be the jerk of a friend who pointed out it was APRIL FOOL'S DAY!!
you're beautiful indeed.
Stop saying you're old and fat - you are neither! That is awesome. Way to be hit on at the store, girlfriend!
Post a Comment