
We went shopping at our local Home Depot for a few necessary items as part of a "keep our home beautiful" campaign. Upon returning to our car which we parked way out from the store, you know, to keep the doors from getting dinged; Murray walks around to his side and sees that a shopping cart full of topsoil has rolled, bumped, t-boned, rammed or crashed into our car.
The first thing I heard him say was "You gotta be kidding!" and then pulls the cart away from our car and inspects the damage. The man 2 parking spaces away is talking on his cell phone with his own car door open and part of his purchased topsoil is already in his back seat. When he hears Murray's exclamation he looks at Murray and said, "Oh, I didn't do that. That dent was already there." LIAR. FIBBER.
This is wrong on several accounts. Our car is seven months old and Murray knows every inch of it like the back of his hand. How would a random stranger know what dents/scratches are on our car? The orange scratch on the car came from the orange shopping cart and is the exact height of the corner of said shopping cart. The cart holds his purchases. But, he's not responsible for it denting our car.
I'm sitting in our car watching this transpire and wanting to jump out and let this guy have a piece of my small mind. But I maintained control and simply glared at him, several times. He retrieved his cart and proceeded to unload his bags of topsoil into his own car. Then like a responsible citizen walked his cart across the parking lot to the cart collection stall.
Arrgghhhh... I know accidents happen all the time. We were amazed at how quickly the lie came from his lips. An apology would have gone a lot further.
Ok, I feel better now. Got that off my chest. Thanks interpeeps.
1 comment:
i was kinda hoping for a story with a big confrontation, and murray swearing.
i feel disappointed.
Post a Comment