I do my best to stay out of the DMV. I'm not a fan of long lines and crowds of people. However, recently my #3 daughter reached the magical age when the state says she can apply for her Learner's Driving Permit. There was all kinds of excitement displayed with end-zone dancing and woot-woot-ing when the official day arrived.
We delayed our spring-trip long enough to stop at the DMV and wait in line to get a number only to sit in a chair and wait for that number to be called. #3 wanted Daddy to wait in line with her. I know they use this time to conspire for the new Camaro they want when she turns 16 years old. Shh... they don't stand a chance with the Camaro .
Two hours later her test was graded and she passed. She danced a little holding the permit up by her mega-watt smile and made her way to us. "Dad, can I drive now?" "Please, please, please?"

She hopped right in the saddle, made her way to the interstate and drove us toward our destination.
So, another milestone has been reached and she's one step closer to becoming independent.
I'm excited for her and me too, next year she will be driving to early-morning seminary.
2 comments:
Yikes. Yikes. And more yikes. Why must these baby girls insist on growing up????
it cannot be true. i am in denial.
Post a Comment