Friday, June 4, 2010
Yea, I'll Keep Her Around
My #3 daughter is old enough to be responsible and trustworthy. She is anxious and eager to please me, her beloved mother and now I have concrete evidence that she can promptly do exactly what I ask her to do.
Yesterday, I was half way into my 1.5 hour walk when a huge thunderstorm instantly blew in. One minute the skies were clear blue and the next minute they were gray and the wind began blowing, really hard and fast and the torrential rain and thunder quickly followed.
I knew I wouldn't make it home so I ducked under some trees for protection and waited for a short time hoping the storm would blow over. But it was not to be. I took a few photos with my iPhone and then called #3, when she didn't answer I knew she was snoozing on the family room couch and didn't want to get up to answer the phone.
I left her a message that went something like this:
" Hey kiddo, it's mom, please answer the phone now, come on, pick up the phone PLEASE, Honey, it's raining very hard and I'm at the end of FL Parkway, please come and pick me up".
I hung up hoping she was listening to the message as I left it on the answering machine. Mere seconds later she called me back. "OK, Mom where are you again? OK, I'll be right there". She showed up 10 minutes later in Daddy's car to chauffeur me home. She is my crazy daughter with a big heart. I am glad she jumped at the chance to pull herself from an afternoon snooze to drive without a license and save me from a summer thunderstorm.
I have a list of reasons why I'll keep her around. Someday I'll share them with you
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
What a good girl, coming to the rescue of her mama like that!
Post a Comment