Thursday, March 15, 2012

I Still Don't Know What to Say


After getting "M" comfortably settled in a warm bed, all tucked in and dosed up with pain killers I sat down to read a good book.   As I became engrossed with the story I felt the familiar urge, I knew I needed to get up and find the bathroom.  I glanced around the hospital room eager to find the toilet quickly.  Then I glanced again, this time slower.  Where is the bathroom for this hospital room?

Giving up I made my way to the hallway almost colliding with the nurse.  I quickly asked her where the bathroom is.  She smiled and curled her index finger in the customary "come here" gesture.

She moved to the far side of the room where the sink, small counter and sink are situated in front of a large window.

And then, no kidding, she reached down for the handle on the lower cabinet under the sink and swung both doors open.

Voila, here is the toilet.






No comments: