Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Here's To You Big D

Our home is cleaned by the cutest maid I have ever seen. He works alone and has the lowest rates I have found to date. I never have to seek him out, he comes to me and offers his services. Yesterday I was at my mailbox collecting the mail and he rode his bike up the road (he lives 2 doors down the street) to ask the question any housewife would love to hear. "Do you have any chores I can do for you?"

I said "sure, how about vacuuming ?" Then I see his huge grin and an affirmative shake of his head. He heads into my house and gets started. He works hard and doesn't fool around. He doesn't complain or whine. He gets in the corners, under tables and chairs and even asks for clean mop water when the water gets dirty. He vacuums, mops, rakes leaves. Next time I may get the bathrooms cleaned.

Yesterday he vacuumed for me. I am sure he would clean for you too. But since he is my nephew, Dawson, I am keeping him to myself.

Here's to you Big D, I love you. Aunt Anna

P.S. I hope you get that tennis racket you are saving for.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

he is so so so so cute!! does he hire out? cross-country? what a little entrepreneur. is he saving up for anything in particular? why is he not my son? why is my son not more like him?
-sigh-
i have d envy.

Anna said...

AB,
Yes, he is so so cute. He may hire out if he loves you as much as he loves me. He is saving for a tennis racket. He is 6 years old and pretty amazing.

Christie said...

I also have D envy. I have two boys quite capable of doing what he does, and yet I'm the one cleaning up after THEM day in and day out. I definitely want him. What time is the next flight? I will pay.

Anonymous said...

I dobn't know about the story but I forgot how pretty you are. For a moment I thoughtyou were your mother. Your daughters are all quite attractive as well. Whose the stiff in the background? (HA!)

Nice to see you all doing well.

Anna said...

Hey there Mr. Anonymous, this is the last time I will publish a comment from you. It kinda gives me the creeps when you don't state your name.

Anonymous said...

Anna
Elle gave me your blog address, hope you don't mind. It's nice to catch up on you and your family. Sounds like you and Mur had a nice trip.
I am so jelous that you live next to the cutest kids. The two post about D and Reagan are so funny.

Anna said...

heatherhatch, i am so lucky to live so close to them. they bring laughter to my life. of course, it's not always funny for their parents but i enjoy them. do you have a blog?
AD