Saturday, April 18, 2009

Reconnecting

Why did we wait so long?

There are many reasons. But, whatever they are, I'm glad we finally reconnected.

It's funny how it all happened. Follow me here, it's just a few short steps.


I sent my Dad an email with a photo of the group of us who celebrated my brother's birthday.



My Dad then forwarded the photo on to his brother, who was in the picture.


Uncle Jack then forwarded the photo to his daughter, my cousin Cindi.


Cindi then emailed me when she saw my address in the email traffic history. Several emails later we scheduled a lunch date. We would meet in Charlottesville and before the appointed time arrived we lassoed our Aunt Joyce and she joined us.


We had a blast! Why, why did we wait so long to do this? Could it be that I moved away? We have exchanged Christmas cards over the years, but distance does make it difficult to get together frequently. It was non-stop conversation catching up on our offspring and other family peeps.

A little bit of conversation helped us remember that our mothers are both named Catherine. They were college roommates with sisters of the men they married. Those men they married are brothers. They both named their second son Brian and finally they both passed away at age 46.



I moved away from Virginia thirty years ago. We have finally made our way back, this is one of the benefits for me. I have to say the only thing missing from our lunch date was a bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough and two spoons one for Cindi and one for me. Ahhh... just something we did in our younger days.



P.S. What was I thinking getting my hair cut so short? And why, oh why am I posting that picture when I look so fat?

1 comment:

the wrath of khandrea said...

i'm pretty sure the lady in the middle is my aunt.
now can i have some cookie dough too?

i like your short hair. it's fresh.