Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Me, Play Favorites?


Now and again I am reminded that I have more than one daughter.  My first-born daughter lives far away in the land of Utard.  While the miles seperate us and I miss her terribly, she is my biggest blog fan always demanding, nagging, asking for more, more more! Even going so far as suggesting topics (they're all about her). Isn't she helpful?.

I have heard her say through the grapevine that most of my blog entries are about my #3 daughter.  "You love her more than you love me".   No, honestly I don't. I love you all the same.

What can I say about you my pet?  You got all your looks from me and all your brains from Dad. You pinch pennies like Dad as well.  You adore your father; your devotion to him is really very sweet.  You learned how to belch from a truck driver and sing from Little Richard.  I love your sense of humor and your sense of style.  You are vigilant about locking your car door; pressing the remote more than once, "just to be sure".  I just have to constantly remind you that you should always check your purse for your cell phone and car keys.  I know you just put them in that new Coach purse before you walked out the door, but maybe you just think you did.   I'm just saying...... 

The day is fast approaching when you will finally be convinced you are just like me and it will make you scream "no, no, no!  I am becoming my mother".  Relax sugar, it's awesome to be me. I have one hot husband, amazing children and I'm the gal everyone wants to hang with.  

Now it's your turn.  I tag you to be a guest writer on my blog.  I can't wait to see what you come up with.

PS   Sorry for the old grainy photos.  Please send current pics.  Love, Mom

1 comment:

the wrath of khandrea said...

i knew laney when she was a not-so-nice-to-her-mom teenager. and i secretly laughed to myself, because i KNEW that one day, she would outgrow that phase, and respect, adore, even appreciate her mother.

the same thing happened to me. i'm glad laney and i have that in common... the whole "growing up and coming to your senses."