"My life is going to end when I turn 40." "40 is sooooooo old, just like you Anna" I think he's even embarassed to admit he is now 40 years old.
We celebrated his birthday at the restaurant of his choice. Taking into account that he wanted to get home before his bedtime to take his Geritol, we had to stay local. His much younger, cute wife was more than happy to pose for a birthday photo. Matt, on the other hand, decided to ham it up. I have to say that they have a 10 year old exact replica of Matt who makes the same goofy faces and hand gestures.
Matt, I have 10 memories of my past 31 years of knowing you.
1. "Might as well jump!"
2. "I TP'd the neighbor's yard. What do you mean they moved and no one lives there?"
3. You will never get married if you don't have a box spring.
4. You hurling into the Thames river.
5. You are an amazing Spades champion.
6. The gloomy dark days that surround you when UNC loses a game.
7. Hot Tamales
8. "Don't we know somebody in Olathe?"
9. "If you're gonna tell us you're getting married, hurry up and say it. I want to go watch the Dukes of Hazzard"
10. Only a poor sport would pour a full glass of ice-cold water on his sis-in-law.
Happy Birthday to you, you look like a monkey and you smell like one too!
No comments:
Post a Comment