Friday, October 2, 2009

XV



years have flown by since we picked up a special package from the hospital. Emma came to our family by a different route than the others. After five years of countless prayers and a lot of hope our little package was ready to be brought home.




ways she brings fun to us.





1. She has a beautiful smile and gives it to us whenever we ask. Hey, we paid to straighten those pearly whites.

2. Her early-morning piano practicing while waiting for her seminary ride.

3. She makes great brownies. But really, the center square is the tastiest.

4. Never has to be told to do homework. I know, this one is a surprise but she is loyal to her teachers. Maybe I could get some tips from them that could cross over to chores here at home.

5. Tells me when I make a fashion faux paux. Doesn't want me to embarrass myself.

6. She plays a mean game of Mexican Train. Even when I cheat, she wins.

7. Is wise beyond her years, she totally understands our expectations and is happy to live up to them. PSYCH!

8. She loves to take us to high school football games. We are the only parents that make her feel safe by requiring she check in with us at the end of each quarter. That makes her feel very safe and protected.

9. She is always concerned about my struggles with balance she provides me with an obstacle course in her very own bedroom. Walking across her dark bedroom to kiss her good night has helped me improve. I haven't tripped and fallen down for months now. Practice makes perfect.

10. Watching her play Wii Bowling. That cute little kick when she releases the ball is the key to her winning score.

11. She adores her daddy and will do anything for him. Even back the car out of the garage each time he is leaving the house. This is the only chore for which we don't get the response "ok, just a minute". There is something exciting about driving when you are just turning 15 years old, even if it's only in reverse.

12. She "has taken care of herself for the past 14 years", we haven't had to to a thing. She's been so easy for us. Where can we find another on like her?


13. She is a mathmatics whizz. As my in-house tutor while I study for a math placement test I feel like I have the inside edge to acing the test.


14. She did not ask for a birthday party this year. Thank you Emmy!


15. I don't know how it happened, but she can burp like a truck driver. We don't know any truck drivers.



3 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

i can't believe she is fifteen. didn't i meet her when she was only five??? good grief.

were you joking about the football game thing? does she really like it? or does she hate every ounce of your presence there?

she has grown up to be so lovely.

em said...

for the last time i DO NOT burp like a truck driver.
and u have MANY spelling errors in this blog.

Christie said...

She is absolutely gorgeous. Happy birthday to your darling baby girl!