Monday, January 25, 2010

Catch Up

While I try to come up with something witty or profound to write, I find I am totally blank. Why do I struggle to put words on paper? I know just what it is, I like to call it "brain fuzz" and it hit me some time last year. It's rather frustrating and I don't like it. Why didn't any of my older female friends warn me about the perimenopausal life? I'm hanging on for dear life and bracing for this wild ride.

Two of my patients at the Assisted Living Center died last week. They were both in their late 80's and they knew the end of their life was near. They've been released from their old, broken- down bodies and I will miss my visits with these two ladies who taught me how to live gracefully to the end.

On the home front, Alaina came home during December, after much begging and pleading she allowed me take a picture of her. I love, love my first-born girl. It's a pity that she has grown up and now has a real life and a real job that often trumps my need for Lanie time. I see a trip outWest in my near future, you know...... just so I can get my Lanie fix.






Murray loves his girls. He's in heaven when they snuggle up to him. If only the chatter would someday end. They laugh, argue and talk non stop all day long. I don't know how to use the photo editing tools on my new iMac computer. That's my next project, master this new computer.

There is more to share with you. I just have to get the photos together and post written. I will capture a moment while the brain fuzz is dormant and get it all down on paper.

3 comments:

Christie said...

Love me that Lanie, too. What a gorgeous girl she is. All the girls in your family are beautiful.

the wrath of khandrea said...

YAY! you're back! missed you.

for all his machismo, murray is a total softie when it comes to those girls. i love it.

Emily said...

I've been scrolling back through your posts and as always, can't believe how much Emma has grown up. Lanie I still recognize-what a beautiful girl and I so miss her outgoing and playful personality. Things are never dull with Lanie around. love to you all.