Have you ever felt like the world around you is spinning and you have no control over it? Because I occassionally feel this very annoying sensation my neurologist sent me to the ENT clinic. While sitting in the waiting room, like others I know and love, I glanced around and saw old white haired folks with hearing aids and beamed knowing that I can hear perfectly fine, I just have dizzy spells every now and then.
Soon my name was called and was ushered into an examining room where I waited for the doctor to waltz in. Ten minutes later in walks Dr. Oliver who explains that he will go over some information with me while we wait for Dr. Hashisaki to arrive. While he glances at the personal information form I filled out as a new patient he makes small talk.
"I see you had a cesarean section"
"Yes"
"How old is that child now?"
"She's 26"
"Really, wow, I would have guessed you to be only a few years older than that."
I laugh and thank him for the compliment as he flips pages in my file, I know he's looking for my birth date and he's having difficulty separating the pages so I help him out by saying "It's in there, I'll be 49 next month."
Dr. Oliver then says "you look like you're in your mid-thirties, you really do."
A few minutes later as he looked into my ears, nose and throat and listened to my heart and lungs he said "I'm not trying to be a cheesy guy, you do look like your are in your thirties."
This time I laughed and told him he's now my favorite doctor.
He finished the inquisition about my symptoms and excused himself to fetch Dr. H
Dr. H arrived and we talked about my "episodes" and he then explained that he would like to run some balance tests that will help determine if the dizzy episodes are rooted with any scarring in my brain from M.S. or if it's inner ear related. He explained each test will will try to induce dizziness. OMG, I don't want to feel dizzy, it's so horrible and makes me vomit.
What to do? What to do? I acquiesced under one condition, that my new favorite doctor be there to hold my hand throughout the tests.
3 comments:
so may points to be made:
1. THERE IS NO WAY SHE IS 26!!! i feel sick to my stomach.
2. you totally do look younger than you are. you're hot.
3. please keep me posted on the results of the tests.
4. i can send you barf bags if you need. except i don't actually have any. plus, that should be provided for you as a courtesy from the hospital.
5. is your favorite doctor also in his mid twenties with a winning smile and a strong chest? if so, i recommend holding his hand as well. good call.
Can I just say ditto to Andrea?
And I'll add that you are a hot little chica. Always have been. You go, sister.
Hang in there and keep us posted. Scary stuff.
Yay on the very astute doctor noticing your youth and hotness. You *are* a babe.
Boo for dizziness episodes. Here's hoping they figure it out. Sending thoughts your way!
Post a Comment