
I finally caved after 25 years of marriage and many "discussions"; we now have a puppy. Murray and Emma promised they would do all the work, so we brought home a very cute miniature dachshund and named him Rusty. After 2 years he has begun to warm my heart. Until I vacuumed today. As I was down on my belly vacuuming under our king size bed, there was a pair of my shoes.
I recently purchased a new pair of very comfortable shoes. They were expensive but I told myself my feet are worth it. I only have to work 20 hours to earn enough to pay for these. No big deal. Seems Rusty likes them as much as I do. When we are gone from the house and he is here alone he gets into alot of mischief. Today he ventured into my closet looking around for something to interest him. One by one he carried each shoe to his "safe place" under our king size bed and proceeded to chew each shoe until the comfortable strap that goes across the top of my foot was destroyed.
The shoe reapirman, a small Korean man, told me "How much you pay for deese?, I no fix for you, buy anoder pair." I almost cried, now I have to work 20 more hours to be able to buy another pair. And just when I thought I might really love this dog I find his handiwork.
I did not want a dog. I don't like how they smell, I don't like the responsibility that comes with owning a dog AND now I have something else to add to my list of reasons why I don't want a dog. Anybody interested in a cute dachshund? Just lock up your shoes, and purses (that's another story for another day).
1 comment:
LOVE it! i will send edgar the butler, from aristocats, over right away. or cruella deville. let murray go toe to toe with her over li'l rusty!
BE STRONG ANNA! you can't be giving in on stuff like that. NO DOGS ALLOWED!
i better quit before murray won't let you play with me anymore. :O)
Post a Comment