
Emma and I made yesterday, Saturday, April 6, 2008, our girl's day out. It started with a quick stop at the ATM. I gave Emma a predetermined amount of cash to spend on the school clothes of her choice. Our next stop was the mall with stops at Macy's, Papaya, Aerie, American Eagle, and back to Macy's for a second look. By now Emma was broke and penniless. Welcome to my life sweetie.
We decided to go to Red Lobster for lunch. As we were waiting for our table Emma leaned over to me and said, "that looks like a Bognar girl". As I was squinting to look across the lobby and see what she pointed to, a lady with a diaper bag came and squished on the 2 person bench next to us. Imagine my suprise when I recognized it was my good friend, Benny Bognar, trying to take me by surprise. How I love this sister. Have you ever met someone that you felt a kinship with? Benny is like that for me. She is a kind, humble woman. We first met at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. Then we were stationed at Fort Hood, Texas at the same time. Now 10 years later we are in the same Stake here in the east. Our husbands are both civilians now which makes it all the more wonderful that we are living close again.
When we both lived at Fort Hood, Texas, Benny babysat Emma while I worked for a financial planner. Benny had three daughters then which she home schooled. Emma loves Benny like a second mother. I think there may be days that she wishes I were the second mother and Benny her real Mom.
We ended up having lunch at the same table and reminiscing about the girls' earlier years. The girls never stopped talking and laughing during the meal. See the two girls standing next to one another in the photo? Jennifer and Emma used to fight like crazy when they were 3 yrs old. By the way Emma reacted to stumbling upon the Bognar girls in town I know lunch at Red Lobster was the highlight of her day.
2 comments:
i think i am going to die. DIE. emma is GROWN! i don't mean to be overly dramatic here, but holy smokes anna... it's been about five years since i saw her last, and my, my, my what a change.
so, um, good luck with that one.
wow.
A - Yea, Emma is going to give us a run for our money. She gets along with everyone especially the boys. But she has huge dreams to go to MIT for a degree in Mathematics. (She didn't get that from me.) So we count ourselves lucky that all the boys she knows think her dad is scary.
Post a Comment