Thursday, April 24, 2008

Oh Yes He Did


Murray has finally begun the slow process of ending his love affair with the Army. I'm not sure why this brings me such happiness but it does. The Army in it's infinite wisdom requires 9 months from the date the retirement papers are submitted before the retirement is official. I say it should be like ripping off a band-aid, rip it fast and it won't hurt. I understand the US Army will be sad to see him leave, but really, he's mine and I deserve all his love and attention. The pittance you pay him will be missed, but we will get by.


So long to you Uncle Sam, there have been times that you have sucked every ounce of energy from me in support of my husband. You will no longer have access to his time and devotion. I know he will miss you but time will heal his broken heart and he will go on to be a free-er man. No more mobilization orders sent by email ordering him to show up in Timbuktu in 30 days and remain there for 18 months. No more PT tests, this he will really miss as requirements really get easy as he gets older. No more free housing, free food and no more free medical care.


Rest assured that he has fond memories of his time with you but it's time to end this love affair.


5 comments:

Christie said...

Yes, but does he get to keep his uniforms? I don't know what it is about a man in a uniform...yum!

the wrath of khandrea said...

let me first say that murray is lookin GOOD. mmm-mmm.

i hear you- skip has three years until he COULD retire... but is already looking for ways to make it last until they kick him out. i guess that's the mark of a good soldier. when you're good at what you do, it's hard to let go.
which is why the army strings should be cut by the wife. because we have no problems letting go.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both! It's been a great ride, but the price of gas is getting too high - it's time to stay home for awhile. Don't worry about getting bored Murray - I'm thinking Anna probably has some thoughts on that...what was that about keeping your uniform?...

Anna said...

Margie from Bedford MA?
Margie who?

Come one don't keep me in suspense.

Anna said...

Margie from Bedford MA?
Margie who?

Come one don't keep me in suspense.