Monday, April 7, 2008

Yummy Dinner

Penne Rustica is the very best dish at Macaroni Grill. I make it when we are having a crowd over for dinner. It takes me forever to make it but it is well worth every minute.

http://www.recipetrove.com/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,893/Itemid,26/

The Marsala wine is the key ingredient in the sauce. Just go to your local wine shop and ask them to point out a mid-priced Marsala. Act like you don't know what you are doing in the wine shop and you will get alot of help. The recipe calls for way too much pasta, I used the amount called for in the recipe on my first try and there wasn't enough sauce. It was too dry. You will have to guess at how saucy you want your dish to be. If you make too much, save it for something else or give it to the dog.

Give this one a try, it's YUMMY!

4 comments:

Christie said...

Yum. Yum. And more yum.

the wrath of khandrea said...

i can't wait to try it.
i also can't wait to go into a wine shop and act like a mormon pretending i have no idea what i'm doing there.

JEEZE ANNA. do you keep a bottle of jack daniels in your linen closet?

the wrath of khandrea said...

funny, though, since i have no idea about wine, can i subsitute the marsala for a cooking wine? i don't even know if marsala is red or white. i was actually in a winery yesterday. i thought it was the post office. i promise i wasn't actually drunk, it's just they converted the OLD POST OFFICE (as the sign read) into a winery. apparently it's now a historic building, maintaining the name "old post office" while housing a rustic winery. hence my confusion when they asked if i wanted to be seated, and i said "No, i want to mail this package to the east coast please."

Anonymous said...

This is my favorite dish! It is the only thing I've ever ordered at Macaroni Grill. But why it never occurred to me that I could make it at home, I have no idea. I'm printing this recipe out now. Thanks!