Monday, May 12, 2008

My Girls


I have been thinking about what to blog for several days and have been coming up blank. I am really using my blog like a journal. Writing things that I want to remember and look back on with fond memories. Many times I attempt to make my entries funny stories and am sure that it can't be interesting to anyone but me. So bear with me...... this one is a sweet story.

Yesterday was Mother's Day and the husband had Army Reserve duty. Even though he has put in his retirement papers, he doesn't officially retire for another 9 months. So, early yesterday morning he served me breakfast in bed before he left for work. It was early enough that I wasn't hungry, but I couldn't pass up this sweet gesture without partaking.

Later when Emma and I arrived at church I was surprised to see that Emma is on the program as a speaker. She looked at me and said "it's your Mother's Day gift, I volunteered to speak about mothers and how I gained my testimony". My heart filled with love for this beautiful spirit who came to us after many years of prayer and fasting. More on that another time.

Emma spoke of the role mothers play in our lives, and shared her experience of feeling the spirit testify to her that the LDS Church is true and she bore her testimony and than spoke of her love for me. (really? I'm not annoying? I don't drive you crazy?) It was a tender moment for me.

So my Mother's Day gift from Emma will stay with me forever. It brought tears to my eyes and warmed my soul.


Lanie, who I like to think of as mini-me. Lives in Utah, she is all grown up, has graduated from college and is working and living on her own. She is so much like me we can finish each other's thoughts. She is far prettier that I ever was and smarter as well. She makes me a proud momma. Lanie never gave me anything to worry about. I saw the strong will she came here with from the moment she came to this earth. Lanie called me yesterday and told me she wished she could be here with me and that she loves me a ton. She and I talk seveal times a week and I am reminded of what a gift she is in my life.

Why am I blessed with these beautiful daughters who love the Lord and want to please him? Their testimonies are strong and they are good to their parents. I love my girls!

post signature

4 comments:

hannah said...

You do have the sweetest girls. I can't believe Emma's gift. What an angel! And we've always had a special spot for Alaina. What a great family you are.

the wrath of khandrea said...

ah, yes, but i remember lanie when she was a teenager. and when she didn't want to be sweet to you. i'll give you this though, she's always been gorgeous!

Emily said...

Hi Anna,

I was so excited to find your blog and sorry I haven't commented before. Things have just been a bit crazy--my in-laws have been with us for a while finishing our basement, we went on vacation (same time as you I think) and all the other stuff that piles up to take you away from what you really want to be doing. Anyway, I have loved catching up on your blog, the girls are beautiful and I can't believe how much Emma has grown up. Chris still misses his shopping partner and I still have a quilting book of yours (sorry). Glad we have this new medium to keep in touch through. I'll be back soon--Emily

Anonymous said...

i hate this picture of me.