Monday, February 16, 2009

Allyg8er my BFF


I hope everyone has a BFF like I do. Alison and I met when we were in Luther Jackson Intermediate School. She was the cute, popular cheerleader and I was the goodie-goodie nerd. Her dad was my first Bishop when my family joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and I spent my teen years hanging out with Alison and wanting to be just like her. There were ski trips, beach outings, stake dances and youth conferences. Things were never dull, even sneaking out the bedroom window together one night, there was a cute boy who was sweet on Alison on the same street. He snuck out late that night as well.


We went to different high schools but the same college. True to form, Alison was involved on campus with student social affairs and had many friends. And true to form, I was still the goodie-goodie nerd, not quite confident with myself and still wanting to be just like Alison. We met our husbands and married while at college then started our families within a few years of each other.


The highlight of my trip to California this month was a long, long overdue evening spent with Alison. As we raise our children and make our way through mortality, I finally find I am just like Alison. We are just trying to do the right things and feed our testimonies with the appropriate nourishment. She doesn't realize the impact she has had on me. I value her and the example she is to me. I love, absolutely love you Alison.



post signature

2 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

next up on the docket: anna travels to idaho to see her other BFF, a visit to whom is ALSO long overdue.

Anna said...

I would love to come and visit you. I'll see if Cisco has any business in your area and make sure Murray schedules a trip and I'll be there.