Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Will I Still Smile?


I'm sporting a new boot for the next month.    See what I'm talking about?  This stylin' piece is my new companion for a short time.

While I have this lovely piece of couture, Murray is lacing up his Army boots for the last time these next two weeks at Fort Dix, NJ.  He's not here to be my gopher while my mobility is limited but not to worry,  I get around fine with a small limp. When the doc put this on my foot, I said "oh come on, don't you have this in black patent?"  Did I hear someone say I'm vain?

While limping around the grocery store today I spotted something that warmed my heart.   A sweet white-haired  lady was sitting in the bench seat of a grocery cart being pushed by her adult son.  He rounded the corner almost bumping into me with his mom and her megawatt smile.  He was apololgetic and asked where the detergent is located.  

Will my daughters one day push me around the grocery store in a cart while I sit in the child's seat?  Will I beam with happiness as they do so?  Will I age gracefully?


I realize I will probably feel embarrassment when I can't get around on my own and don't want anyone knowing that I need assistance. So why do I think anyone notices the boot I'm wearing or that they would have an opinion about it?  shhh.... it's all about me, isn't it?  

I attempted to take a picture of this lovely lady out for her afternoon ride at the grocery store but couldn't take one without being noticed.  

I want to be a sweet white-haired lady someday.  I'm doing well with the white hair but need some work on the sweetness.  

2 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

you should read my friend diane's blog. you two are about the same age, and totally cut from the same cloth. i think you even have similar blog backgrounds...

click on her profile next time you see her comment. seriously. i want to set you up with her.

diane said...

Nice to meet you. You have teens? I'm glad Andrea set us up. I like blind dates.

My daughter pushes me around in my wheelchair sometimes. I don't think she likes it but well I didn't enjoy pregnancy too much either.

They need to make those boots more fashionable but you can always cover it with bling. I have bling on my walker and when I had a leg brace I bedazzled that bad boy.