Thursday, September 2, 2010

Games People Play and Whisperings of the Spirit

During reverent Sunday worship, my yearning to have a meaningful experience with the Holy Ghost bestowing further light and knowledge upon me was interrupted by the family sitting in front of me.

What did my eyes behold you ask? None other than the Stake Primary President teaching us how to embarrass our children. She placed kiddie stickers on the backs of her two teen-aged sons' shirts. You know the kind; stickers that say, "I was good today", "Good Work" or "I'm a Superstar". Oh, she took delight in this shameful behavior while leaning over to one of her angel offspring to hiss "pay attention" and give him the stink eye.

Her daughters joined in the fun by surreptitiously passing stickers down the row, bypassing the boys, so each brother would have his turn wearing preschool stickers on his back.


Seeing the devilish look in their eyes made the mischief fun to watch and I even heard the Holy Ghost whisper to me. He said something like "Take a picture of Murray sleeping in church"

So I did.

Shhh... don't tell anyone.


1 comment:

Christie said...

I miss going to church with you guys. You make everything fun!