Emmy tells me she loves me then she tells me "you're soooo annoying". She wears my shoes, my makeup and my jewelry.
The pendulum of emotions swings back and forth with regularity. It's as if she's saying "I can't live with you and I can't live without you".
I know what she really means. I also know if I let her live, she will emerge from this cloud of confusion and jump off the fickle love you/hate you roller coaster.
For now, I will take the "I love you" moments when they're offered and gulp them like I do an ice cold diet coke. AND I will also snap a photo for evidence that she loves me.
One gloomy afternoon I was lying on the sofa reading and Emmy came and joined me for an afternoon snooze. I'd say right now she loves me.


1 comment:
I don't know how I'll survive when mine is that age. She already love/hates me. Tell me it gets better...
Post a Comment